Job Title: Family Therapist
Location: Vita House, Abbey Street, Roscommon
- 2 year Specific Purpose (to cover a secondment)
- To be filled by one Full-time or 2 Part-time people.
Immediate Supervisor / Reporting Structure: Director of Services
Provide therapeutic services to family members in a collaborative exploration of their presenting dilemma, focusing on the beliefs, and the interactions which maintain the difficulty or which prevent its resolution.
Contribute to the running of Vita House, working regularly on various matters in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake Systemic Psychotherapy with individuals, couples and families appropriate to the professional competence of a Family Therapist, engaging in a holistic way, and including assessments, recommendations and evaluations as appropriate.
- Normally you will be required to see 5 clients for counselling / psychotherapy each day. In the event of an emergency or if a client requires crisis counselling/psychotherapy, you will be required to add that client to this number. Interventions need to be planned as short, medium, and long-term as appropriate.
- Participate in Case Conferences and Case Discussions, including the provision of written reports and letters, as appropriate in the operation of the service, evaluations including transfer and termination, and liaise where appropriate with other professionals.
- Document client progress and adhere to all relevant guidelines, policies, procedures, and systems. Maintain confidential records in line with Data Protection.
- Work to the standard of Children’s first guidelines and full cooperation with the Meithael process.
- Participate in meetings and other fora as required.
- Provide support, training and workshops both internal and external, as required.
- Foster a good team spirit, and play an active role in the development of the services in line with the ethos and the wishes of the Director of Services.
- Become familiar with Vita House policies and procedures, including health and safety and fire drills, report all incidents, and comply with the employee obligations under section 9 of the Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Perform other duties as are appropriate to the post and as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Services e.g. assist the Director of Services with projects or administrative duties if time allows and/or if cancellations occur.
- As the duties and responsibilities of any post in Vita House are likely to change with the ongoing needs of the service, you are expected to have a high level of flexibility, a willingness and ability to develop new approaches to the work. As part of this environment and for self-development, the post holder is expected to participate in ongoing training.
Salary Range: Gross basic €50,400 for 37 hour week (pro-rata 2 days per week €20,432).
Hours of Work:
- 9am – 5.30 with 1 hour for lunch, with a 5pm finish on Fridays, which is 37-hour week for a full-time post.
- Open to recruiting two part-time postholders instead of one fulltime.
Annual Leave: 27 Working Days per annum, pro-rata if the post-holder is part-time.
Method of Application:
CV and cover letter emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Recruitment Section, Vita House, Abbey Street, Roscommon, F42 N677.
Deadline: Tuesday 12 noon, 19th December 2017
|Membership & Accreditations||