The South Roscommon Family Resource Centre, a service of Vita House was set up in late 2019. We provide Family Support to families and individuals. We also signpost families and individuals to external organisations for relevant supports. We operate using a community development approach which means our groups and activities are based on the needs of the families using our service and the general geographical area.
Groups which we are organising and facilitating at the moment include a Parent and Toddler Group, Conversational English Classes, Women’s Group, Music Club and Creativity Club for children between the ages of 7 and 9. We also facilitate the Rainbows programme and Parenting when Separated programme twice a year.
In the past we have run wellness groups, personal development groups- once we identify a need in the community we respond to it. For example, we have been approached by some Lone Parents in the last few months saying there is a need for a programme for Lone Parents and combatting isolation. Because of this we are now applying for funding and planning-with Lone Parents a programme over 6 weeks.
Examples of other things we do include (this list is not inclusive):
- Parenting Courses and Supports
- Supports for people feeling isolated and lonely
- Supports for people with mental health needs
- Information provision
- Referral and Signposting to other agencies
- Personal Development and Growth
- Supports for families going through difficult times
- Administration Support
- Form Filling Support for those with literacy and/or language issues
- Developing the capacity of local individuals and communities
- Peer Supports groups
- Developing and delivering training programmes
- Ensuring issues affecting the local community are being brought to the relevant policy maker’s attention.
All supports are confidential.